The Swedish Institute of Space Physics in Lund is located at Ideon Science Park and we collaborate with Lund University.
- Solar storms and coronal loops are explored topologically as knots and braids. SOHO, TRACE, Hinode and SDO observations are used. Research is carried out in collaboration with Stanford (more info).
- Solar cycles and dynamo are explored topologically as dynamical systems (more info).
- The link between solar activity and climate changes is studied (more info).
- The effects of space weather on technological systems are studied (more info).
- Indicators of solar activity are studied and their relation to other solar-terrestrial processes.
- We are part of the Solar-Terrestrial Physics Programme (more info).
- Solar storms and space weather, funded by MSB (more info).
- Space weather and geomagnetically induced currents, participating in EU/FP7 project EURISGIC (more info).
- Space data database - ODI. (ESA Contract 21964/08/NL/AT, more info).
- Virtual observatory for space weather data and models (ESA Subcontract, more info).
- Participation in the COST Action on "Developing Space Weather Products and Services in Europe" (COST ES0803 more info).
- Space Weather Programme Study (ESA Subcontract with Alcatel Space, more info).
- Development of AI Methods in Spacecraft Anomaly Predictions. (ESA Contract 11974/96/NL/JG(SC), more info).
- Influence on Solar Cycle Activity on Earth's Climate - ISAC (ESA Subcontract, more info).
- Real-Time Forecast Service for Geomagnetically Induced Current (ESA Contract , more info).
- Participated in the NOAA, NASA Cycle 24 Prediction Panel (more info).
- Participation in the COST Action on "Developing the basis for monitoring, modelling and predicting Space Weather" (COST 724 more info).
- Investigation of space weather effects on HF and GPS for the Swedish Defence Research Agency.
- Solar Magnetic Activity: Explored with SOHO/Hinode/SDO (Swedish National Space Board).
Education and Public Outreach
- Education and diploma works (more info).
- Public Outreach (more info).
- About the Sun, space weather, impacts and service.
- The Sun, Space Weather in TV/Media.
- Research school: European Research School on Atmospheres, Grenoble, France (ERCA, more info).
- Lectures for primary school, high school, and college.
- Lectures at Lund Observatory, Department of Physics, GeoBiosphere Science Center at Lund University.
Regional Warning Center Sweden
Today's solar and space weather are shown and forecasted at the Regional Warning Center Sweden, part of International Space Environment Service (ISES) (more info).
Archive of the Space Weather Euro News (SWEN). (more info).
Swedish Institute of Space Physics
SE-223 70 Lund
Phone: +46 46 286 21 20